Norda Stephenson , PhD
Research in the Stephenson Research Group addresses questions related to the teaching and learning of chemistry (chemistry education research). We apply pragmatic approaches and methodologies in exploring these questions.
Our current research focuses on:
- undergraduate chemistry students’ understanding of the science and engineering practices.
- pre-service science teachers’ conceptual understandings.
- persistence, participation and retention patterns of students from underrepresented groups in STEM.
Educational & Professional Experience
- BSc, Chemistry & Management, University of the West Indies, Mona
- MEd, Science Education, University of the West Indies, Mona
- PhD, Chemistry, University of the West Indies, Mona
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Chemistry Education Research, Florida International University