Stockroom Info

The Western Washington University Chemistry Stockroom serves research and teaching laboratories in the Chemistry Department and occasionally assists other departments on campus with their chemical, glassware, and lab supply needs.



Emergency Contacts

8 am - 4:30 pm Stockroom and Safety Coordinator: (360) 650-3149


After hours - university police (360) 650-3911 or

Environmental Health and Safety (360) 650-3064

Stockroom Window Hours

Location: CB150

During All Academic Quarters:

Monday-Friday 9 am - 12 pm & 1 pm - 4 pm

Rounds are performed twice daily at 10 am and 3 pm

Stockroom Ordering


Stockroom Order Request Up to 3 unique items can be requested from this form. Otherwise, submit a separate form for more items. (multiples of each item can be requested here). Notes:  *For chemicals if a grade (e.g. HPLC or Wash) isn't listed, it should be assumed that the chemical is ACS grade.  *Wash grade solvent re-fills are ordered by the Liter. To re-fill a 4 L bottle, request a quantity of 4 in the form.

Special Order Gas Cylinder Form

Use this form if you need to order a gas or cryogenic cylinder that is not stocked through the Chemistry Stockroom.

Stockroom FAQ


1. When is the stockroom window open? When are rounds conducted?

The Stockroom is open 9 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 4 pm. Rounds are conducted at 10 am & 3 pm.

2. What if I don't know the official name of an item I'd like to request from the stockroom?
All items are listed out clearly on three different webforms. Those webforms and their contents can be found here. 

3. Where do I find out the hazards and/or appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for a chemical?

The information about a chemical is found in Safety Data Sheets (SDS), they can be accessed via Chimera,

4. When do I have to get my professor to approve a chemical request?
All chemical requests need to be approved by a PI. Please fill out the appropriate webform request and enter in your PI's email address. They will forward the request to the stockroom with their approval. 

5. How do I know what kind of waste container to use?
Since every waste has its own unique properties, there is no general rule. Please call Stockroom personnel at 360-650-3149 to determine and obtain the appropriate waste containers.

6. What types of personal protective equipment (PPE) are available?

Academic labs/students: During the academic laboratory, nitrile gloves are provided. If needed for some chemicals, additional protective gloves will be provided. Goggles are required in all academic laboratories. They can be purchased at the University Bookstore at a reasonable price. The Chemistry Department Office sometimes has spare/donated goggles that you can request to use as well. Please reach out to to request these.

Research students are provided with nitrile gloves. Lab coats can be checked out from the Chemistry Stockroom at no charge but must be returned upon graduation. For chemicals that require gloves other than nitrile, please contact the stockroom manager. Students can wear their own safety glasses or goggles appropriate to the task they are conducting, but PPE will also be provided to you by your lab/the department if you do not have it. See Department Safety Policies for further details.