Gregory O'Neil , PhD
Professor of Organic Chemistry
Our group specializes in the enantioselective synthesis of biologically and environmentally compelling natural products that includes both methods development and target-oriented synthesis projects. More recently this work has also led us to become involved in certain algal biofuel-related research.
- O'Neil, G. W.*; Phillips, A. J. "Synthesis of elaiolide and halichoblelide aglycone" Tetrahedron Lett. 2019, 60, 1413-1415.
- Spaltenstein, P.; Cummins, E. J.; Yokuda, K-M.; Kowalczyk, T.; Clark, T. B.; O'Neil, G. W.* "Chemoselective Carbonyl Allylations with Alkoxyallylsiletanes" J. Org. Chem. 2019, 84, 4421–4428.
- McIntosh, K.; Smith, A.; Young, L. K.; Leitch, M. A.; Tiwari, A. K.; Reddy, C. M.; O'Neil, G. W.; Liberatore, M. W.; Chandler, M.; Baki, G. "Alkenones as a Promising Green Alternative for Waxes in Cosmetics and Personal Care Products" Cosmetics 2018, 5, 34
- Stockdale, T. F.; O'Neil, G. W. "Regio- and Diastereoselective Samarium-Mediated Allylic Benzoate Reductions" Synlett 2017, 28, 2267-2271.
- O'Neil, G. W., Craig, A. M., Williams, J. R.; Young, J. C.; Spiegel, P. C. "Synthesis of the C1-C23 Fragment of the Archazolids and Evidence for V-ATPase but not COX Inhibitory Activity" Synlett 2017, 28, 1101-1105. (highlighted in Synform)