David Rider , PhD
Associate Professor of Materials Chemistry and Engineering & Design
Prof. Rider's research group is interested in the design, synthesis and self-assembly of organic and inorganic polymers for applications in energy, nanotechnology and materials science. Current projects include electrochemistry using polymeric templates for fabricating plastic optoelectronic devices and electrocatalysts for fuel cells.
For information on our publications and the impact of our work, please see Google Scholar.
Educational & Professional Experience
- B.S. Simon Fraser University, 1997-2002
- Ph.D. University of Toronto, 2002-2007
- Killam Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Alberta and National Institute for Nanotechnology of Canada, 2007-2009
- NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Alberta and National Institute for Nanotechnology of Canada, 2009-2010
Sabbatical Position and Other Professional Experience
- Visiting Professor, Simon Fraser University (Dept. of Chemistry), November 2017 - August 2018
- Academic Editor for PLOS ONE, March 2018 - present
- Associate Professor of Chemistry and Engineering & Design, WWU